Publication Agreement for Authors
Español / English / Français
- COPYRIGHT: The author(s) grant(s) the exclusive right of first publication to Caribbean Studies journal, which includes the right to print, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, transmit, translate into any language, sell copies and create derivative works, including subsidiary rights to the article, separate and apart from the whole journal issue, in any manner, form or media now known or hereafter developed.
- AUTHOR RE-USE OF WORK: Subsequent to the first publication, the author(s) reserve(s) the right to quote from, reprint, translate or reproduce all or part of the work, or permit it to be quoted from, reprinted, translated or reproduced by other publishers, as part of any book or anthology of which he or she is the author or editor, subject only to his or her giving proper credit to the original publication.
- AUTHOR WARRANTIES: The author(s) represent(s) and warrant(s):
The authors agree that if there is a breach of any of the above representations and warranties that he/she (they) will indemnify the Publisher, Editor, or Guest Editor and hold them harmless.
PUBLISHER’S CONSIDERATIONS: The author will receive no payment from the Publisher for the use of his or her work, but will receive two copies of the issue in which it appears. (For articles with more than one author, each author will receive one copy).
- that the manuscript submitted to Caribbean Studies is his/her (their) own work;
- that the work has been submitted only to this journal and that it has not been submitted or published elsewhere;
- that the article contains no libelous or unlawful statements and does not infringe upon the civil rights of others;
- that the author(s) is (are) not infringing upon anyone else’s copyright.