Process for evaluating articles
Español / English / Français
- Receipt of manuscript and acknowledgement of its receipt to the author.
- Identification of possible evaluators – usually two – based on the criteria of the editor in consultation with one or more members of the Editorial Board or in consultation with the Board during its meeting each semester.
- Sending of the manuscript without the author’s name to the evaluators.
- Receipt of the evaluation with the evaluator’s recommendations. The recommendations may be the following: Accepted as submitted; Accepted on the condition that the revisions signaled by the evaluator on this sheet are made; Rejected.
- If both evaluations are negative, the manuscript is not accepted for publication.
- If there are discrepancies between the assessments of the evaluators, the manuscript is submitted to a third evaluator who is selected in the same way as the previous ones. The decision to publish is based on the majority opinion of the evaluators.
- Sending of a letter to the author with the anonymous evaluations and informing of the decision to publish or not publish according to the evaluations.